Giving your help to Maggio Multicultural Foundation can help us to reach more children and transform their lives for a better tomorrow.
Helping Others With passion
The founder, Kristi Maggio, came to the Dominican Republic in 2013 to try and perfect her Spanish, but in the end, she accomplished much more than this.
With the help of many people and personal fundraising efforts, she has managed to help many people and communities over the years. The humanitarian accomplishments thus far have been:
- Water purification systems to communities around Cambita Garabitos, Dominican Republic
- Water reservoir in the community of La Jaguita, Cambita Garabitos.
- Raising money to fix the windows and roof leaks of a school in Anamuya
- Collecting school supplies, clothing, toys, hygiene products and food to bring to the school children of Anamuya, Dominican Republic
- Materials for the community of Monte Verde to help rebuild after Hurricane Maria
- Providing the Catholic Church in Friusa, Dominican Republic the money to drill a well to water to the bathrooms for the new facility.
- Providing 3 blind men with a bed, as that was what they wished for with the assistance of Vista Sol Resort and Bahia Principe
- Helping a child with a cleft palette get the medical assistance he needed prior to having his surgery through Operation Smile and giving his family a refrigerator thanks to a special donor
- Collecting gifts and raising money to buy gifts for children to receive at Christmas
- Collecting clothing and other items for women to donate to the church and give to the women of the congregation on Mother’s Day
- Assisting the company Wine to Water in bringing their purification systems to the community of Friusa
- Collecting medical supplies to send to the people in Venezuela
- Assisting other charitable organizations spread the word about their causes by interviewing them on her radio program
- Visiting a school and doing a presentation with the radio station to children in middle school about the ability to make a career using technology and social media
We started a school in 2016 in Bávaro, Punta Cana, and plans to expand to a global community continues to grow.